Legal advisor. His practice focuses on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and public trading in securities. He has been involved in a number of public offerings on the Polish market and has extensive experience in debt restructuring, privatization, joint ventures and project finance. He participated in the drafting of legal acts concerning business activity, civil law and administrative law, as well as in negotiation of international agreements connected with international trade issues, including double taxation treaties and investment treaties (BIT).
With our law firm since 1990. Previously, he served as Deputy Director of the Legal Department at the Ministry of Foreign Trade (1989-1990), legal advisor at the Polish Embassy in Moscow (1985-1989), legal advisor at the Ministry of Foreign Trade (1980-1985), and a faculty member at the University of Warsaw, Institute for Legal Problems in Management (1975-1980).
- Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Private Equity /Venture Capital Funds
- Banking and Finance Law
- Advised Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych S.A. (previously Daewoo-FSO Motor S.A.) in connection with its financial and corporate restructuring, including in the process of finding an investor – Ukrainian Motor Corporation, and then in negotiations on establishment of a joint venture with GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Company regarding the production of Chevrolet cars in the Warsaw factory, as well as in connection with state aid granted to FSO, including an action against the European Commission’s decision brought to the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Represented Mondi AG, a leading international packaging and paper group, in an acquisition of Printpack Poland Sp. z o.o., a consumer packaging plant in Poland, and SIMET S.A.
- Represented Nafta Polska S.A., the controlling shareholder of Grupa LOTOS S.A., in its initial public offering
- Advised Nafta Polska S.A. in connection with concurrent privatizations of three companies: two heavy chemical industry companies (Zakłady Azotowe w Tarnowie-Mościcach S.A. and ZAK S.A.) and Ciech S.A.
- Represented foreign industry and capital investors on the acquisition of a number of Polish enterprises, such as: Celuloza Świecie (currently Mondi Świecie S.A.), Zakłady Przemysłu Tytoniowego w Radomiu (currently Gallaher Sp. z o.o.), Fabryka Maszyn Papierniczych FAMPA S.A.
- Represented Powszechny Zakład Ubezpieczeń S.A. (PZU) in relation to the acquisition of SkideWest, an insurance group in Ukraine
- Represented a group of major creditors in the financial restructuring and privatization of Huta Częstochowa S.A.
- Advised Złomrex S.A. on the acquisition of an organized split-off part of Stalexport S.A.
- Member of the Regional Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw
- Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation Lewiatan
- For years recognized by the international rankings of law firms and lawyers Chambers Global (2004-2014), Chambers Europe (2007-2015), Legal 500 (2018-2023) and Best Lawyers (2018-2019) in the area of corporate law and M&A in Poland
- Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw, Master of Law, 1975
- Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw, postgraduate studies, 1982