Doctor of Law. His practice focuses on advising clients on matters related to corporate law, privatizations, joint ventures, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, as well as securities and capital market transactions. He represented Poland in negotiations of a number of international and commercial contracts, including double taxation treaties and agreements on the promotion and protection of investments. He was the senior negotiator for a U.S.-Poland trade treaty. He participated in a number of privatizations, joint ventures with international partners and other major transactions in a variety of industries, including the automotive, banking, steel, pharmaceutical, FMCG as well as media and entertainment industry. He represented Polish and international companies investing on capital markets, including representations on major global offerings of shares. He represented clients and served as arbitrator in a number of arbitrations, both Polish and international.
Co-founder of our law firm. Previously, he served as Deputy Director of the Legal Department at the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Director of the Legal Department at the Ministry of Foreign Economic Cooperation (1985-1990), he was a legal counsel at the Commercial Counselor’s Office at the Polish Embassy in New York City (1980-1985) and a Faculty member at the Warsaw School of Economics (1973-1999).
- Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Capital Markets
- International Arbitration
- Represented the Ministry of Foreign Economic Cooperation and the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Poland in the first privatization of a Polish bank
- Represented the Ministry of Industry and Trade in the privatization of Polish automotive companies with the participation of major U.S., European and Asian car manufacturers, the privatization of the Warsaw steel mill with the participation of the Italian-based Lucchini corporation, and the privatization of Sandomierz glass works with the participation of Pilkington
- Represented LOT Polish Airlines with respect to an acquisition and financing of Boeing 767 and Boeing 737 aircraft
- Advised on the EUR 235 million high-yield bond offering and subsequent public offering of shares of a major Polish television station TVN S.A., and the USD 269 million global offering of shares of Multimedia Polska S.A.
- Represented a Danish investor TDC A/S in the process of acquisition and subsequently in the sale of its stake of shares in Polkomtel of total value exceeding EUR 860 million after a successfully resolved international commercial dispute brought before the Vienna International Arbitral Court (VIAC) by Vodafone Americas Inc.
- Represented Polish private investors in a privatization-based acquisition of the shares of Zakłady Farmaceutyczne Polpharma S.A. and subsequently advised on Polpharma Group’s key transactions, including the sale of its rights to Polocard, heart attack prevention medicine, to the pharmaceutical company Pfizer as well as acquisitions of such pharmaceutical companies as WZF Polfa S.A., Akrihin in Russia and Chimpharm in Kazakhstan
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Arbitrator at the Arbitration Court at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw (KIG) and the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation Lewiatan
- Honoured with the title of “Lawyer of Thirty Years” in a ranking organized by the Polish Association of Legal Employers and the Rzeczpospolita daily in 2018
- For many years recognized by Chambers Global (2002-2010), Chambers Europe (2007-2010), IFLR1000 (2018-2022), Legal 500 (2018-2020, 2022-2023) and Best Lawyers (2018-2019) as one of the leading lawyers in Poland in the area of corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions
- „Reglamentacja prawna przedsiębiorstw wielonarodowych”. PWN, 1982
- „How to joint venture in Poland”. Fundacja Polska, 1990
- „Arbitraż w umowach budowlanych”, in: „System Prawa Handlowego”, Volume 8, Arbitraż Handlowy, 2nd Edition, C.H. Beck, 2015
- „Arbitraż w umowach budowlanych”, in: „System Prawa Handlowego”, Volume 8, Arbitraż Handlowy, 1st Edition, C.H. Beck, 2010
- Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw, Master of Law, diploma with distinction, 1973
- Europa Institut at the University of Amsterdam, diploma with distinction, 1976
- Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw, Doctor of Law, 1978